Rezaul Hoque is a professional artist, having completed his graduation from the Institute of Fine Arts under the University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Alongside working with other artists, his last worked in 2014 with Alyssa Monks, of the New York Academy of Art, New York, USA.
Since 1993 Reza has been experimenting and developed a unique technique of his own signature, alongside doing regular and traditional paintings and illustrations. The innovation created by Reza is painting using heat convection which creates a soft illusion adding an atypical dimension and presenting a different aesthetic.
Exhibitions: As a student, and later as a professional, he participated in many Bangladeshi art exhibitions. His first solo art exhibition was in his hometown of Kurigram (1998) in Northern Bangladesh which consisted of 24 paintings. His second solo exhibition titled Line & Expression was in Dhaka (2002), held at the Indian Cultural Centre. This was a series of drawings depicting mostly human figures in everyday life showing different emotions as well as some paintings were of his own experimenting technique. Participation at other recent exhibitions includes – ‘Celebrating 27 years of SAARC’ painting exhibition at Maldives and Nepal in 2013 and ‘Jainul Utshab’ painting exhibition at Mymensingh, Bangladesh (2014-2015) and the 22nd National Art Exhibition in 2017, organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- Solo Art Exhibition in 1988, Kurigram inaugurated by the Kurigram District Commissioner.
- Solo Art Exhibition in 2002 at Dhaka inaugurated by Artist Rafiqun Nabi.
- 6th Biennale Art Exhibition in 1993, organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- 10th National Art Exhibition in 1992,organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- 11th National Art Exhibition in 1994, organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- 22nd National Art Exhibition in 2017,organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- 10th National Young Artist Art Exhibition in 1994, organized by Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- Participated celebrating 27 years of SAARC painting exhibition at Maldives and Nepal in 2013.
- Participated different Group Art Exhibitions from 2001 to 2019 at different region of Bangladesh and abroad.
Workshops/Art Camps Attended
- Attended 5 day long Drawing and Painting workshop on “Post Modern Art” organized by New York Academy of Art in New York, USA in March 2014
- Attended 5 daylong global conference, organized by International Reading Association (IRA) in Chicago, USA in April-May 2012
- Assisted a three daylong international workshop on “CEVAW (Domestic Violence) Communication Material Development” arranged by Oxfam in Colombo, Sri Lanka in February 2005.
- A 3-month long workshop on “Graphic Design” in 1992, organized by Department of Graphic Design of Institute of Fine Arts of Dhaka University, Dr. Berry Myren Burg from USA was the facilitator.
- Attended Art camp organized by Shipakala Academy in February 2016
- Conducted a daylong workshop on “How to develop pictorial Poster/ Flipchart for rural people”.
- Conducted a daylong workshop on “How to develop pictorial Academic Poster”. 40 people participated in these workshops from different CARE Projects in November 2000.
- 5th, 7th and 8th round worldwide contest ArtSlant Prize 2016 showcase winner in Painting category.
- All Media Best Award in 1988, at Annual Art Exhibition of the Department of Fine Arts of Rajshahi University.
- Media Best Award in 1988, at Annual Art Exhibition of the Department of Fine Arts of Rajshahi University.
- National Art Gallery, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
- Private collections in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UK, Netherlands, USA.